Enjoying every sip of your favorite wine is something all wine enthusiasts look forward to experiencing. But, did you know you can make an amazing cocktail with a variety of wines? Cocktails consist of several spirits mixed together, including wine. Cocktails have become increasingly popular, innovative and captivating in taste and appeal. You can make your own cocktails in the comfort of your home with the following wine suggestions.
- Gewürztraminer – This wine is created out of one of the four grapes of Alsace and has been produced in the same region for hundreds of years. It has notes of orange, cantaloupe, apricot, peach, pineapple, grapefruit, ginger and honey which can be the perfect wine for a variety of cocktails. Suggestion: 2012 Paul Cluver Estate Gewurztraminer Elgin.
- Sauvignon Blanc – Crisp and vibrant, this wine has lemongrass and fresh lime aromas, as well as notes of tropical fruit. It has a zesty dry finish that is excellent for cocktails. Suggestion: 2014 Giesen Sauvignon Blanc.
- Moscato – Sweet and delightful, this wine has notes of ripe apricots and juicy peach with hints of citrus. It complements cocktails that also include ingredients such as strawberries, lemon and basil. Suggestion: 2012 Barefoot Cellars Moscato.
- Pinot Noir – Impressive notes of sweet ripe raspberry and strawberry make this wine a delectable ingredient for cocktails. Suggestion: 2006 Hayman & Hill Santa Lucia Highlands Reserve Selection.
- Chablis – This crisp wine has notes of pear and apple and is an excellent choice for cocktails that include ingredients such as lime, lemon, pineapple and grapefruit.
Whether you are creating a signature cocktail or a cherished favorite, you will want to pay attention to a variety of things. You will always want to make your cocktail appear pleasing to the eye and mouthwatering so your guests will want to try one or two. Serve it in a unique glass to make the experience special. While combining the ingredients make sure it is well balanced and void of severe tartness or sweetness. Remember that ice melts quickly and cocktails generally require ice to be used. Avoid allowing already made cocktails to sit on the counter. The ice will dilute the perfect flavors that you blended together and cause the cocktail to taste watery. Enjoy creating a variety of cocktails when using the delectable wines listed above.